December 3, 2010
On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of BC and the Architectural Institute of British Columbia will jointly host a seminar examining key impacts resulting from recent revisions to the Letters of Assurance (LOA) in the BC Building Code (BCBC). Effective September 1, 2010, the LOA were amended by Ministerial Order M-214. These new LOA, including all relevant revisions to the BCBC, apply to all projects involving a building permit application submitted on or after September 1, 2010.
- Maura Gatensby, MAIBC, Director of Professional Services – Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- David Miachika, LLB, P.Eng., Partner – Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG)
- Peter R. Mitchell, P.Eng., Director, Professional Standards & Development – Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of BC
- Bob Thompson, Senior Codes Administrator, Building & Safety Standards Policy & Research Division – Ministry of Housing & Social Development
- Barry Thorson, P.Eng, C.P., B.R. Thorson Consulting Ltd.
- Jim Weber, Manager of Building Bylaws and Licensing – City of Port Moody
- APEGBC and AIBC members (until November 30, 2010): $239.00 + HST = $267.68
- APEGBC and AIBC members (after November 30, 2010): $299.00 + HST = $334.88
- Non-members: $299.00 + HST = $334.88
- Member Advantage Program for Students (MAPS) and AIBC Intern Architects and
Architectural Students: $149.50 + HST = $167.44
Note: The event will begin with registration and hot breakfast (8:00 – 8:30 a.m.) followed by the seminar itself (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.). It will take place at Hyatt Regency Vancouver (655 Burrard Street) and via webcast. To register, go to www.apeg.bc.ca/prodev/events/loa2.html. For more information, click here or call (604) 430-8035.
4 Core LUs