Introducing the Newly Redesigned AIBC Website
March 3, 2016
Now showing on a screen near you… thanks to those who have stayed tuned for our reveal! We are pleased to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website at www.aibc.ca, your central source of information on the Architectural Institute of British Columbia.
The latest version of our website advances our efforts to better serve the AIBC community and the general public. By amalgamating into one website, and making it mobile and tablet responsive, we hope to enhance our visitors’ experience and provide easier access to valuable information and resources.
New features include:
- New home for eNews – As one of our primary communication channels, eNews is an essential vehicle for connecting with our audience. The eNews blog was previously hosted on this site, but it is now integrated into the AIBC website, eliminating the need to go to a separate site. Past and future content from eNews is housed in one central location.
- Website optimized for all devices – Websites today need to provide visitors with information quickly and easily. Our new website utilizes responsive design and a user-friendly interface that is optimized for functionality and consistency. The new site has a clean design that engages visitors, loads content quickly and is easy to navigate, which makes finding content a breeze.
- Consolidation into one centralized hub – Segmentation of member versus public sides no longer exists on the AIBC website. We have consolidated the two sides into one interface for all visitors and designed an intuitive user experience that we hope will encourage repeat visits. Additionally, we have integrated eNews into the new website so that content is available in one convenient location.
- Revitalized home page, featured news and calendar of events – Our new home page has dedicated sections featuring the latest news and events. These sections highlight timely and relevant content that visitors can quickly and easily find. Click on “See All Events” takes you to a comprehensive monthly calendar of AIBC activity including a comprehensive listing of Registered Educational Provider and AIBC-delivered sessions.
- Enhanced functionality and accessibility – Visitors will discover a significant improvement in the AIBC website’s functionality and accessibility. New website features comprise drop down menus, clear site navigation and a clean design.
What are your thoughts on the new website? Your feedback is important as it will help us continue to improve content and services.
Please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.