buildingSMART Canada BIM Forum 2015
May 27, 2015
buildingSMART Canada will be hosting their first ever BIM Forum on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm in the BC Hydro Decision Theatre (room 1151) at the Center for Interactive Research on Sustainability at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC.
The BIM forum is free and is being held in conjunction with the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering’s International Construction Specialty Conference 2015 and the Industry Innovations Symposium being held at UBC from June 7th to 10th, 2015 from 8am to 1pm at Center for Interactive Research on Sustainability at UBC.
The BIM forum is an opportunity for all industry and academic stakeholders to learn and discuss about buildingSMART Canada’s activities and involvement in the Canadian construction industry, notably the recently published Roadmap to Lifecycle Building Information Modeling in the Canadian AECOO Community and the development of open standards for BIM.
buildingSMART Canada hopes to engage with industry and academia and present its mission, its outlook and its activities over the next couple of years. More specifically, the following topics will be addressed:
- International efforts and initiatives for BIM, in particular UK initiatives and how Canada can learn from them
- Canadian initiatives
- OpenBIM and its implications for project delivery and building lifecycle processes in Canada
- The status of BIM education in Canada and around the world
- A presentation and discussion on the recently published Roadmap to Lifecycle BIM in Canada
The session will conclude with a panel discussion and Q&A session.
- Dr. Sheryl Staub-French, Associate Professor in Civil Engineering at the University of British-Columbia
- Dr. Linda Newton, Defence Construction Canada, Chair, Project Development, bSC
- John Hale, Department of National Defence, Chair, Operations committee, bSC
- Susan Keenliside, S8 inc, Chair, Members community, bSC
- Erik Poirier, University of British-Columbia, Chair, Communications committee, bSC
Date: June 9, 2015, 1:30-4:30pm
Address: BC Hydro Decision Theatre (room 1151) Center for Interactive Research on Sustainability (see map)